by Tim Collins
What we believe will affect the way we live our lives. The following is what I have come to believe as I have followed Jesus for the last 40 years.
“I’m not a strong writer so I’m open to input from all my friends in Facebook land.”
1. I believe that the devil was disempowered at the resurrection of Jesus. That the only power he has is what we give him.
2. I believe that God has encouraged us to leave a legacy for our children and our grandchildren. I will leave a legacy that will last for generations.
3. I believe that Jesus told us to pray that His Kingdom should come. I will pray and work towards that end till the knowledge of the glory of God covers the earth as the waters covers the sea. I believe that Jesus will not return until that has been accomplished.
4. I believe that Jesus healed us spiritually, physically and mentally. Therefore according to Isaiah 61, we his children are to restore that which has been ruined. That could be peoples lives, cities, business or anything our lives touch.
5. I believe that God is good, and that Jesus is a perfect reflection of God. If my view of God gets cloudy I just need to refocus on Jesus.
6. I believe that the gates of hell will not prevail. Therefore the Kingdom of God will get larger and the future is bright. This world is a great place to raise our children, build businesses and make our society better.
7. I believe that all the promises of God are for now. I will push into them for my generation and I will encourage future generations to do the same.
8. I believe that now is the time to have faith, hope and love. It is never the job of anyone to ask God to condemn. Any message that condemns is not speaking by the Spirit of God.